7 Things You Need to Stop Doing Right Away | Kenny Silva

7 Things You Need to Stop Doing Right Away | Kenny Silva - Visit his site here!

If any of these messages is for you, you’ll get it. If not, you won’t. Either way, I love ya.

Stop Saying No

Stop saying no to the things that will stretch you. Stop depriving yourself of amazing opportunities in which you can meet new people, try new things, and truly grow. Stop saying no to the calling God has placed on your heart.

“For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.” 2 Tim 1:7

Stop Saying Yes

Stop saying yes to the things that will destroy you. Stop giving in to the addictions that make you feel inadequate and defeated. Don’t be afraid to say no to the people who would seek to use you, take advantage of you, or abuse your time, gifts, and talents.

“All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be enslaved by anything.” 1 Cor 6:12

Stop Lying

Stop lying to yourself. Stop lying to others. Stop telling yourself those little lies that will keep you miles away from your Father in Heaven and His plan for you. Learn His truth and make it a central part of your life. Fight those lies with the truth at all costs.

“I hate and abhor lying: but your law do I love.” Psalms 119:163

Stop Hiding

Stop hiding inside of your bubble. Stop depriving the world of everything you were created to be. Stop keeping your thoughts and ideas on the shelf. Start talking. Live in community with people who care about you. Share your life with others.

“But the Lord God called to the man [Adam] and said to him, ‘Where are you?’ And he said, ‘I heard the sound of you in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked, and I hid myself.’ He said, ‘Who told you that you were naked?’ Genesis 3:9-11

Stop Living in Fear

Stop living in fear of what others will say. Stop living in fear of what others will do. Fear is a nasty emotion. It will forever keep us inside of a safe little box. Jump out of that box, burn the thing down, and move forward boldly.

“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10

Stop Trying So Hard

Stop working 70 hours a week. Stop obsessing over that promotion. Stop chasing that girl… that guy… that house… that car… that shiny something in the distance. It won’t fulfill you. It won’t make you whole. Find your rest in God and He will provide.

“Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:29,30

Stop Avoiding Truth

You and I need to stop conforming to the same old patterns based on the same old lies that this world wants to sell us. Instead, we need to move forward in light of the only real Truth we have in God’s Word.

“Do not be conformed to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God; what is good and acceptable and perfect.” Romans 12:2

What do you need to stop doing today?